Friday, May 21, 2010

Deep Ellum - Allston

Deep Ellum
477 Cambridge Street
Allston, MA 02135
(617) 787-2337
www.deepellum-boston.com

By the time I finally stepped foot inside Deep Ellum, I had already lived within walking distance for 6 months. So when I looked at the cocktail and beer list, I felt ashamed. But don't fret, I have already struck a deal with Doc Brown and will be remedying the situation as quickly as possible.

Deep Ellum is a comfortable bar/restaurant focusing on old fashioned cocktails and good beers. They have a list of "Manhattans 10 Ways" which include a variety of Manhattans, customed to the generation for which they were named. The draft beer list is impressive, and they have plenty of extra special stuff by the bottle. By the way, the wine list is surprisingly good and affordable for specializing in cocktails and beer.

The food -- I will admit that I have not had dinner here, but if it's as good as the brunch and lunch, I'm sold. It's possible I haven't had dinner because it doesn't rhyme with brunch or lunch. The brunch is fantastic, especially the pulled pork with a poached egg. I'm a bit picky when it comes to burgers -- I don't find too many that are juicy enough. But this place is essential for a burger and a beer.

Definitely check it out. It's located in a completely unconventional part of a neighborhood for a gastropub. That makes it even cooler.

Why it's a gem:

AMAZING cocktails -- one of the best lists I've seen in these parts.
Outdoor patio for soaking up the sun. Or the wind. Or the rain.
Beer. Beer. Beer.

Tips:

If you're a nerd like me, you'll be happy to know they give you the key to their wireless network.



No comments:

Post a Comment