Thursday, May 13, 2010

Brick House - Brighton

Brick House Pizza & Grille
256 Washington Street
Brighton, MA

(617) 789-5559


Shrimp. Scampi. Pizza. Okay, say it all together now: Shrimp Scampi Pizza. I realize this concoction exists in other pizza joints, but I must say, the stuff here rocks. The shrimp aren't too small, the tomato sauce is excellent, and the capers are a must. When I had this delivered one time (of many), the man delivering that night said to me, "Do you know this is the most expensive pizza on the menu?" To that I replied, "Do you know how good it is?" He responded, "Yes, I made it." Best conversation ever.

The pizza at this local, Brighton venue is not middle-of-the-night-dollar-a-slice-pizza, and you get what you pay for. The ingredients are fresh, original, and delicious. For example, ordering a pizza with Gorgonzola is a big plus.

I grew in northern Jersey, just outside of NYC. Pizza there is a staple. Once outside of that area, every pizza joint appears to imitate that style or another, such as Chicago's. Brick House doesn't really try. They do their own thing. And it's great.

Why it's a gem:

Shrimp Scampi Pizza (each word totally deserves to be capitalized)
Delivery
Amazing, fresh ingredients
Thick crust

Tips:

Check out some of their coupons, they're pretty good deals.

. Brighton, MA - 617-789-5559

No comments:

Post a Comment