Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sorella's - Jamaica Plain

Sorella's
388 Centre St.

Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617) 524-2016

I think of this as a Boston breakfast staple. And there are so many good reasons why it is. I shall begin with the following: fresh vegetables and other ingredients, creativity, friendly service, and a menu so large I might be better picking up a copy, taking it home, having my friends quiz me on the contents, and coming back to order.

This is your typical, neighborhood place. So much so, that one time when I was there, the mayor of Boston came in and said hi to patrons.

A quick sampling: raspberry butterscotch pancakes, gingerbread french toast, and omelettes with such contents as whole asparagus spears, avocado, smoked gouda cheese, and sprouts. Ummm, what? Very cool. And for what you're getting, the prices are so reasonable that it seems as though you walked in the place donning pantyhose on your head, with a weapon in hand, and said, "Give me your omelettes or else!"

Why it's a gem:

Creative, large, and fresh breakfast menu with so many options you need a break while deciding
Friendly service

Tips:

Become a local, and bring new people there. They really appreciate it, and you can tell.
Get there before 10:30 -- it's kinda strange that breakfast spots are pretty empty until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment